The sun is shining, birds are chirping, daffodils are lining the streets and spring has certainly sprung!
With only a few weeks until summer kicks off I’ve put together my main reasons why you should start working on your summer body now..
- The kids have spent enough time – especially through the last few years of lockdowns – inside! They want to get out and run around, kick a ball around the field, build their confidence on their bikes. The list goes on! Start building up your cardio fitness now to be able to keep up with them!
- Maybe it’s time to teach the kids how to ride a bike. Believe me – there’s no watching from the sidelines with this job! Will you opt for the hands on the shoulders to balance them from behind or our preferred method of a dog lead on the handle bars? Either way there will be a lot of running involved. Plus avoiding being shinned by the pedals takes a whole lot of coordination! Body weight and free weight exercises are perfect for improving your balance, agility and coordination.
- What better way to spend a sunny Sunday that a long bike ride to your favourite cafe, sitting in the sun with a coffee and cake before riding home? Get to work now on building up your endurance levels. As a result you will confidently make it all the way to the hidden gem cafes a little further afield.
- Got big plans for your garden this year? Growing your own fruit and veg or completely re-landscaping? If you start strengthening your back and core now you won’t put your back out with all the bending and digging. You don’t want to waste weeks laid up in bed with a bad back!
- In Hampshire we have some incredible beauty spots. Explore the whole stretch of the South Downs Way. Head over to the New Forest for some pony spotting. Travel a little further afield with some fossil hunting on the Jurassic Coast. Adding in some longer workouts to your weekly routine builds your stamina. Enjoy a peaceful day hiking through the countryside without worrying about the distance.
Then put on the damn bikini!
When you’re done being super adventurous and active, take 5 minutes to change into your bikini! Show off your beautiful strong body – whatever shape it comes – and enjoy soaking up some vitamin D in the sun!
Work on your “summer body” all year round and you will never have to worry about being able enough to do the things you love!